This year’s third Business Brunch will be held on November 15, 2023.
BUSINESS BRUNCH No. 3: How competition law affects entrepreneurs and what to watch out for (November 15, 2023)
Although it may not seem like it, every year the Office for the Protection of Competition imposes a number of fines in the hundreds of thousands or even millions of Czech koruna on small and medium-sized businesses that have been under the mistaken impression that competition rules do not apply to them; fines for large businesses often run into the hundreds of millions of Czech koruna. Avoid these problems and join us not only in learning the necessary basics of the competition rules, but also in learning about recent changes that may have a significant impact on your company.
- Amendment to the Competition Act – What is the aim of the amendment, what does it newly regulate and how will it affect current practice?
- Basic rules of competition law – What is the objective and basic principles of competition law?
- Prohibited agreements – What agreements between undertakings are prohibited and can restrictions be avoided? What do prohibited cartel agreements look like in practice?
- Risks and penalties – Are fines in the tens of millions really at risk? The answer is yes, but unfortunately that is not all that is at risk in the event of a breach.
- Dawn raid – What is a dawn raid and how to prepare for one? How to prepare simple rules internally?
- Competitive aspects of labor agreements – How does competition law affect the employee/employer and employer/employer relationship? How not to get into trouble in communication and documentation?
- Significant Market Power Act – Do you sell or buy food, animals or flowers? Then this issue may definitely concern you.
We would like to invite you to Business Brunch 2023 – pleasant meetings with good food during which we will sum up news and current topics in the area of business, contracts, compliance and corporate and civil law in general as well as current case law. We will train you in the areas where most of our clients’ questions are directed, and we will discuss and solve your problems in practice.
Business Brunch is a half-day workshop (9:30 to 12:30) which takes place three times a year and is being attended by the same people – thus making it a perfect opportunity for us and our clients to get to know each other more, create new bonds, exchange information and share and resolve similar issues.
The event is suitable particularly for members of commercial teams, purchase managers, members of compliance departments, operation managers, administrative staff, persons preparing contracts or dealing with financial matters, in-house lawyers, project managers, data processing managers, top-level management including members of governing bodies, marketing and HR specialists, but it can be useful for anyone else within company.
Each Business Brunch will consist of three parts:
- Legal news
Legal news in the Czech Republic and the EU, news in the case law, news from public authorities such as the Office for Protection of Competition, Office for Personal Data Protection, Financial Analytical Office, Industrial Property Office, State Institute for Drug Control, trade licensing offices and building offices.
- Current topic
A selected topic from legal practice that we deal with together with our clients. We will explain the legal regulation and recommend specific practical solutions.
The training will focus on one of the following topics:
- commercial law and international trade
- contract law and relationships with customers and partners
- corporate law, corporate governance
- real estate, building law, lease agreements
- advertising law
- industrial property
- personal data protection
- protection of competition
- corporate criminal liability
To the topic, concerning your practice, concerning our practice, to the point.
Dates and topics in 2023:
- 8 February 2023 – 9:30 to 12:30
Topic: “Marketing and advertising in a nutshell – how to promote your own business in a legally correct way (plus an amendment to the Civil Code and news in the area of personal data protection)”
- 13 June 2023 – 9:30 to 12:30
Topic: “Corporate compliance basics”
- 15 November 2023 – 9:30 to 12:30
Topic: “How competition law affects entrepreneurs and what to look out for”
Special price for clients of Randl Partners: CZK 3,900 (+ VAT) for 3 meetings.
Send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.